Application for Admission to LIP Preschool Program
POLICY AND OBJECTIVES
The admission process aims to determine not only whether the school's early education program will best suit the applicant but also to help determine the age appropriate educational level of the applicant.
All applicants, except for those entering the Toddler level will undergo an admission screening process or assessment of their basic skills. ASSESSMENTS FOR REGULAR STUDENTS ARE FREE.
The school uses varying assessment techniques for each level of our preschool program. Generally, applicants will be evaluated on the following skills
- Communication particularly in English
- Comprehension and Expression
- Numeracy Skills
- Sensory-Perceptual Skills
- Socio-Emotional Skills
An applicant is evaluated primarily based on his own merits. However, the school gives priority to those who previously or currently has a brother or a sister in the school. Since the school believes in a strong school and home partnership, the screening process also considers the extent of support the family can offer to the applicant.
* Child's age by June
Toddler 1.5 to 2.0 yrs. Old
Jr. Nursery 2.0 to 3.0 yrs. Old
Sr. Nursery 3.0 to 4.0 yrs. Old
Kindergarten 1 4.0 to 5.0 yrs. Old
Kindergarten 2 5.0 to 6.0 yrs. Old
Step One: School Tour and Assessment
- Visit the school for a guided tour of the facility and schedule a date for assessment. For sped applicants, pay the assessment fee.
- Present the assessment slip on the scheduled day of assessment. Fill out admission questionnaire while waiting for the child to finish the assessment.
- Access the results 3 – 5 days after the assessment through the submitted email address.
Step Two: Enrollment Process
- When notice of acceptance to the school has been made, secure enrollment forms and submit all requirements to the Finance Office.
- Proceed to the Finance Office for payment of the reservation* fee/tuition and school fees.
- Attend the Parent’s Orientation** scheduled two weeks after school opening.
Note: Kindly keep your official receipt.
*Reservation fee is necessary to secure the slot up until enrollment period. Priority will be based on the date of the official receipt and not on the date of application. All reservation fees are non-refundable and non-transferable and will be deducted from the first tuition fee payment.
**Upon payment of the prescribed tuition fee, your child is formally accepted in LIP. Parents are strongly requested to attend the Parents Orientation. This orientation meeting is important because the school’s rules, policy and approach to education will be discussed.
- Application Form
- Admission Questionnaire
- Health Record Form (signed by the Pediatrician)
- Enrollment Assessment Form
- Photocopy & Original Birth Certificate
- 5 copies of 1x1 I.D. pictures of the student ( Scanned and computerized pictures are not allowed )
- 3 copies 1x1 I.D. pictures of the authorized fetchers (limited to only three authorized fetcher – including parents)
- Photocopy of ACR (Alien Certificate of Registration) or passport for foreign applicant
- Developmental Checklist/Progress Report Card/Narrative Report of previous school attended (if any)
The school accepts applicants that require special needs. To adequately provide for their needs, the school is accepting only one child per level. Admission/screening of special children will depend on the degree of the need of the child and his ability to be mainstreamed.
Enrollment requirement are the same with the addition of:
- A doctor's or therapist recommendation and
- A narrative report on the child's special need.
STUDENT FEES POLICY
- It is understood that a student normally enrolls for the entire school year and fees are payable upon enrollment and agreed in writing by the parent/guardian and school directress.
- Capital Development Fees, Enrichment Program Fees and Other Miscellaneous Fees will not be pro-rated for part of its annual, semester, trimester or quarterly fees.
- All fees due and to be collected are NON-REFUNDABLE except in the following cases:
a. The parents are transferred out of the country during the school year.
b. The student suffers an illness which requires permanent absence for the remaining school year due to medical reasons.
While the school allows refunds for these cases, policy on refund must also be guided according to the following:
a. Reservation Fees may ONLY be refunded within one week from the date the reservation was made.
b. Tuition Fees regardless of scheme may be refunded according to the following schedule.
- Full refund (less reservation fee) if request was made prior to the start of classes
- 70 % refund if request was made within the 1st two weeks of classes
- 50 % refund if request was made within the 3rd week until the 4th week of classes
- NO REFUND if request was made after the 4th week of classes
* the classroom attendance or fetcher’s log will be the official basis of the child’s start of classes.
School uniforms are available during the enrollment period. Your child will need a pair of white socks and black shoes for the boys and knee high socks for the girls to wear with the uniform.
Snacks are not provided by the school. You will have to prepare for the snack.
TUTORIAL SERVICES AND ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES
The school offers tutorial services and enrichment activities in the afternoon.